Track: Love Remains the Same… (Gavin Rossdale)
Time: 2135hrs.
Quote: The lasting impressions we make in people's lives reflect on our attitude towards them.
[ Principles ]
Caught this malay movie earlier today (yes while on camp standby, but it was during free time of course) titled “Hingga Ke Akhir Hayat” ( Till the last breath ). It was about relationships that is not uncommon. A brief summary:
Main character is this girl, Nora, raised in a kampong. Her application to study in college was successful. Upon receiving the letter confirming her enrolment, she promises her parents she’ll study hard to make life better. While in college, she met a rich guy. Fading from her parents lives, she silently gets married claiming she’s an orphan. When her parents hear the news, they have opposing reactions. Her mum was thrilled, but her dad was enraged. Nora’s mum persuaded him to attend the wedding. Upon arrival, they find out Nora claims she’s an “orphan” and this further aggravates her father’s anger. They were then thrown out from the wedding venue. The blowing point came when Nora gave birth, her parents went over to her new place and was shunned away by their very own daughter. Dejected, and heading home while in the rain, Nora’s mother who was already sick since Nora’s first departure from home passed away. Truth came to Nora’s husband when a loanshark came to his place mentioning the debts owed by Nora’s parents. A remorseful Nora was discarded from her home and she went back to search for her parents to no avail….
It shed light on me regarding my own relationship with my parents. I believe since my junior college days, my openness towards them has actually given me more independence.
I was brought up in a more strict environment compared to my siblings. And I’m grateful for that. How they were concerned for my grades, my social circle, my religious development on top of my basic needs, shelter, food and clothing. They encouraged and reprimanded, rewarded and punished and gave me the conscience I carry today.
I remember how my mum was there for me during my first major heartbreak after O-levels. We were in my room, and I requested for the lights to be off. She just sat there hearing my cry and pour out everything. Being patient and understanding my situation. And that was close to one hour.
I remember how my dad would rush and put in effort to send me to camp. Prior to that, there was actually one incident when my parents were aloof about me going back to camp. I was shocked at how it could hurt me and my eyes teared while I cabbed to camp.
I’m privileged to have such strong parents who put so much interest into raising me. I’m proud to say I can stand alongside them and treat them as friends, at the same time looking up to them with respect.
The next pointer here is the partner I would be looking for (not at the moment la). My buddy once asked me “so what are the ideal qualities you’d look for in a girl?” And on the spot, I was stunned searching for the answer. I guess at this stage, I’ve found the necessary qualities.
Via religion, there are 4 criteria namely beautiful, intelligent, rich or strong religious background. It’s up to the individual to decide.
I’d put the latter first, and the other 3 not being key. Aside from supporting each other emotionally, I’d rank this equal with being able to support each other in the religious aspect. She must have strong ties with her own family, and it would be a bonus for her own extended family. I’d like her to have a sense of responsibility towards them even after marriage, aside for her sense of responsibility towards me and her ownself.
Following that would be balance/moderation, knowing that excess is never a good thing. Obsession can tear people apart, and it is more dangerous should it be subconscious. So this would mean, even if I find a girl with the above criteria, but she has an erratic obsession, it would be a no-no for me.
Third on the list would be someone who can manage her finances well. Shopping occasionally, or only for the necessary. Knows what she needs instead of what she wants.
Other traits, someone who’s thoughtful, witty sense of humour, and can pick herself up after a fall. Independent in my absence, and is open to suggestion and advice.
I guess it does sound like an almost-impossible to find dream girl. Bonuses would be she’s an outdoor person (enjoys extreme sports that I would wanna try at least once in life) plays soccer and has at least a class 3 license….
But well, we’ll see in times to come. ((= And that said, me expecting a perfect girl, I should better myself too of course! What I expect of her is what I should be able to carry out myself….
---
Half the time
the world is ending
Truth is I am done pretending
Mistakes we have made,
Everything will change…
But love remains the same…
posted by Sharon
------------------------------

[*]Ariff
[*]Byron
[*]Celestine
[*]Cik Liza
[*]Clarence
[*]Connie
[*]Fahmi
[*]Farhan
[*]Germaine
[*]Geil
[*]Isna Elyana
[*]Jacqueline
[*]Janet
[*]Jasmine
[*]Jie Shi
[*]Jocelyn
[*]Kenneth
[*]Khairu
[*]Khalisah
[*]Levin
[*]Marilyn
[*]Maurice
[*]Melissa
[*]Mr Tong
[*]NazatulFadzlin
[*]Qi Yun
[*]Sakinah
[*]Sharon
[*]Shirlyn
[*]Siti Haneesah
[*]Siti Raudah
[*]Stephanie
[*]Sutrisno
[*]Syafiq
[*]Taufik
[*]Taufik & Serene
[*]Tuck Foong
[*]Vanessa
[*]Wei Quin
[*]Wei Xion
[*]Yina
[*]Yixin
[*]6th SC =)
I open my eyesSimple Plan
Untitled
I try to see but I'm blinded
By the white light
I can't remember how
I can't remember why
I'm lying here tonight
And I can't stand the pain
And I can't make it go away
No I can't stand the pain
How could this happen to me?
I made my mistakes
Got no where to run
The night goes on
As I'm fading away
I'm sick of this life
I just wanna scream
How could this happen to me?
Everybody's screaming
I try to make a sound
But no one hears me
I'm slipping off the edge
I'm hanging by a thread
I wanna start this over again
So I try to hold onto
A time when nothing mattered
And I can't explain what happened
And I can't erase the things that I've done
No I can't
How could this happen to me?
I made my mistakes
Got no where to run
The night goes on
As I'm fading away
I'm sick of this life
I just wanna scream
How could this happen to me?
I've made my mistakes
Got no where to run
The night goes on
As I'm fading away
I'm sick of this life
I just wanna scream
How could this happen to me?




